Thursday, April 21, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour Read A Thon is almost here!!!!

This weekend is my most favorite time of the year, Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon.

A 24 Hour Read-A-Thon is similar to a marathon but instead of walking or running, you get to read as many books as you can in a 24 hour period.

My best friend introduced me to the read-a-thons 5 years old as she knew reading was one of my favorite past times.  This will mark my 11th Read-A-Thon.

I enjoy participating in the read-a-thon with my best friend, Jenn and her husband, Richard. They are amazing people who love to read as much as I do.  I am so fortunate they are apart of my life.


Book Pile

Holding Strong by Lori Foster - 2nd book in the Ultimate Series that I am currently reading. Lori Foster is my new Diana Palmer.  I love her story lines and her characters. 

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris - 10th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. My best friend introduced me to this series and absolutely love it. 

Forbidden Falls by Robyn Carr - 8th book in the Virgin River series. Robyn Carr is another author that I found that I want to read every one of her books. She is a very good story teller. She makes you feel like you are right there with her characters.

Undead and Unappreciated by Mary Janice Davidson - 3rd book in the Undead series.  Again, my best friend introduced me to this series and love it. My best friend has very good taste in books :)

Too Hot To Handle by Elizabeth Lowell - I put this one in since it was a small book. Not sure if I will read it or not.

Separate Beds by LaVyrle Spencer - This book is very dear to me and holds a very special place in my heart. This is the first book I read that was considered an Adult book. Yes, I was probably way to young to read this type of book back then but I am glad I did because I've been hooked on reading ever since.

Ransom Canyon by Jodi Thomas - 1st book in the Ransom Canyon series. I read Jodi Thomas before and really liked her writing style. I just picked this one up from the book sale in Katy.

Flawless by Sara Shepard  - 2nd book in the Pretty Little Liars series. Again, my best friend introduced me to this series.  I read the first book in the last read-a-thon and I couldn't put the book down. It was so good and a fast read. Can't wait to pick this one up. 

As you can see, I love to read books.  Especially ones that are in a series. I love to get to know the characters, the town setting, all the ins and outs, and of course the supporting characters.  

This year I thought if I picked up a book and found it was in a series I would see how many books there were and if only 3 or 4 then I would read all of the books in the series, that is if I have them. However I won't be doing that during the read-a-thon. 

I also look forward to the snacks we make.  Below is what I am bringing:


 Candy


                                                     Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake

My best friend will be making several items: Raspberry Cheesecake Dip, Lemon Cool Whip Cookies, Salted Ritz Cracker Oatmeal Cookies, Baked Potato Chips and Avocado Ranch Dip.

So if you have nothing plan for this weekend and like to read, join us Saturday Morning at 7 a.m. You pick your pace, your books, where you want to read, it's all up to you.

If you need more information, please check out Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

No comments:

Post a Comment